ETA on 1270v5 in NY

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ETA on 1270v5 in NY

Post by It'sRandinator »

Is there any eta on 1270v5 64GB ram and 1TB SSD coming to NY? I've never seen them in NY so not sure if it's even offered there.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: ETA on 1270v5 in NY

Post by Edge100x »

We don't have a current ETA. We do them based on demand, and demand for these newer machines has been very soft in general.

The E3-1270 v6 is now out, so any new machines would use that.

If you're thinking that you might like to rent a few, please contact us directly, and we can consider it more deeply.
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

Just curious as to why San Jose (possibly unpopular location) has it and not NY.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It'sRandinator wrote:Just curious as to why San Jose (possibly unpopular location) has it and not NY.
It's based mainly on demand, and when a location needs new machines. In this case San Jose needed to be restocked, while NYC didn't, so we sent the latest hardware to San Jose. When NYC needs hardware it'll also get the latest hardware at the time.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

kraze wrote:
It'sRandinator wrote:Just curious as to why San Jose (possibly unpopular location) has it and not NY.
It's based mainly on demand, and when a location needs new machines. In this case San Jose needed to be restocked, while NYC didn't, so we sent the latest hardware to San Jose. When NYC needs hardware it'll also get the latest hardware at the time.
Just want to add to my thread instead of making a new one :P

So I've been looking deeper into NFO's network and so far I love NY(Voxel)/Chicago's performance. Just curious as to whether or not NFO will make NY the next premium location?

Is Internap's FCP appliance still in use(hopefully not) or is Noction IRP in use now?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

NYC will stay pure Internap, at least for awhile. Internap has a strong network in New York and we haven't needed to supplement it with outside providers (for extra capacity and performance) as we have in Chicago and Seattle.

Internap owns Voxel and is in the process of more fully integrating it. I know that they were running the old Voxel network separately for a time (and treating it like an extra upstream provider), but it's possible that they use Internap bandwidth for both sets of customers now and have kept 29791 exclusively for peering. We don't purchase dedicated servers through the Internap/Voxel/Agile, and instead use our own hardware on straight Internap Performance IP transit.

Internap doesn't use an off-the-shelf system internally. Instead, it uses a system called "MIRO" that it developed in-house: http://www.internap.com/network-services/miro/. The FCP (now re-branded as "MIRO controller") hardware/software came from a different company that Internap bought ages ago; I don't know if that system shares any code with the real MIRO now, but previously, they were completely separate.
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

Edge100x wrote:Internap owns Voxel and is in the process of more fully integrating it. I know that they were running the old Voxel network separately for a time (and treating it like an extra upstream provider), but it's possible that they use Internap bandwidth for both sets of customers now and have kept 29791 exclusively for peering. We don't purchase dedicated servers through the Internap/Voxel/Agile, and instead use our own hardware on straight Internap Performance IP transit.
Any ETA on Voxel becoming fully integrated into Internap? They still treat Voxel as a peering partner.
Internap doesn't use an off-the-shelf system internally. Instead, it uses a system called "MIRO" that it developed in-house: http://www.internap.com/network-services/miro/. The FCP (now re-branded as "MIRO controller") hardware/software came from a different company that Internap bought ages ago; I don't know if that system shares any code with the real MIRO now, but previously, they were completely separate.
FCP failed due to Noction IRP taking majority market share and for having a valuable product unlike FCP (really bad) and Noction has a team dedicated to it's product. Was just curious if you use Noction and have replaced FCP or moved to MIRO controller.

Thanks for the info as always :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Any ETA on Voxel becoming fully integrated into Internap? They still treat Voxel as a peering partner.
I don't have any knowledge on that topic.
FCP failed due to Noction IRP taking majority market share and for having a valuable product unlike FCP (really bad) and Noction has a team dedicated to it's product. Was just curious if you use Noction and have replaced FCP or moved to MIRO controller.
Gotcha. Since we use Internap directly at most locations, we don't need a separate route optimizer. In Premium locations, we use our own solution, which takes Internap's MIRO output and improves upon it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We should have new E3-1275 v6 machines up in NYC by the end of next week. It is the first location receiving these newest-generation servers.

This is also the first time that we've ordered machines with built-in Intel 3D graphics, which might help some customers who wish to run specific games that require a graphics card to start the server.
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

Edge100x wrote:We should have new E3-1275 v6 machines up in NYC by the end of next week. It is the first location receiving these newest-generation servers.

This is also the first time that we've ordered machines with built-in Intel 3D graphics, which might help some customers who wish to run specific games that require a graphics card to start the server.

Thanks for the heads up !!