VPN question

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Inputnamehere
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

VPN question

Post by Inputnamehere »

Hello,

I have a vps with 1 IP and openvpn is installed and everything, I can surf the web ok, but it's slow and when I try to log into teamspeak or steam/online game it gives me an error message as if I'm offline. So what is the protocol/port I need to get into game and my web surfing faster?

Where can I get the DNS IPs for my server?
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: VPN question

Post by hiimcody1 »

As long as you have the VPN configured correctly and your VPN software configured correctly, the connection should work fine. If you have strange rules applied to your firewall, it can block connections however.
Inputnamehere
A regular
A regular

Post by Inputnamehere »

I followed the auto installer script on the tutorial here. What ports do I use for gaming, because I think the default ones are 443/80? Currently using default config for web browsing, but it's slow..

Where can I find the DNS server IPs for my router/adapter?
jb2129
New to forums
New to forums

Post by jb2129 »

why would you need DNS from your router? in your server.conf you should be using preferably googles DNS servers. secondly the issue with the auto installer is it does not disable firewalld and resolve iptables settings properly
Rieck75
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Rieck75 »

Pretty helpful information on this vpn and different vpn service providers. Few months ago, I got registered with fast vpn after reading [snip]. Amazing to know about their services and recommended my friends about this vpn as found their services amazing.
Last edited by Vanderburg on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertisement