Re: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam installation problem

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
oldschool
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Post by oldschool »

Hi any help would be appreciated-

I have a dedicated server installed. For RS2Vietnam. Here is a copy of my bat file.

Code: Select all

start .\Binaries\win64\vngame VNTE-Hill937?MaxPlayers=64?AdminPassword=Password123
 -log=ServerLog.log
The server will not start with this bat file? I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2 on my VDS. If I add a pause I get this error message-
"There is no program associated to perform the requested action. Please install a program or associate one in control panel" ?
oldschool
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by oldschool »

I also tried setting the .bat extension to to ROGame.exe but then get a message error stating-

"The application failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect..."
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not sure what you mean in terms of how you're running it, but a "side by side" error may mean that you need to reinstall the appropriate MSVC libraries.

We have all of them installed on our internal machines and I'm not sure which version you'd need. I'd recommend starting with 2005 and just working your way up. RS2 is 64-bit software, so you'll want the x64 versions.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667
oldschool
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by oldschool »

Thank you I will give that a try. :mrgreen:
RogerAirgood
New to forums
New to forums

Post by RogerAirgood »

RS2 requires Visual Studio 2012. Don't forget to setup the webadmin in your batch file so you can configure your server.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It appears that the MSVC 2008 redist libraries are the ones actually needed. We saw this problem today on a managed machine and reinstalling those fixed it.