Vps webhosting

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Jeong
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Vps webhosting

Post by Jeong »

Is there a noob friendly guide on how to host a apache web server. I have a windows vps and want to install mybb afterwards. I know how to point dns (i think). Just cant find a tutorial that i understand. I always get lost somehow or it doesnt work. Also i dont want any security issues. If anyone can point me to a detailed tutorial to setup start to finish (not mybb) that would be appreciated.
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Re: Vps webhosting

Post by BrendanG »

Jeong wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:40 pm Is there a noob friendly guide on how to host a apache web server. I have a windows vps and want to install mybb afterwards. I know how to point dns (i think). Just cant find a tutorial that i understand. I always get lost somehow or it doesnt work. Also i dont want any security issues. If anyone can point me to a detailed tutorial to setup start to finish (not mybb) that would be appreciated.

While we do not offer direct software support for our unmanaged VDS solutions, we do have a few tutorials that may be of assistance for this. However these are directed towards the linux variety of operating systems... Which may be something to consider switching moving forward. Especially when wanting to host things such as forum boards and so on. So I have included the tutorials we have for that below.

Linux Apache 2 install
How to install Apache2, PHP and MySQL on CentOS

Those two may be the specific guides you're looking for in order to begin the setup of a web server on a VDS running Linux.

Anything more specific than that would be hard pressed to find. As I have not seen a full step by step instructional tutorial locally containing more info than the two I linked above.