VDS backup and import to new VDS?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
IMNX
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

VDS backup and import to new VDS?

Post by IMNX »

Hello, I was wondering if I'm able to backup all of my current VDS so I can import the files into a new one I have created? In a sense, just cloning my already made server but into another server?

I created a game server within my VDS and have perfected to how I want it, a friend of mine bought one himself so we can have multiple servers. I want to know if I'm able to copy mine into his if possible.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: VDS backup and import to new VDS?

Post by Edge100x »

If you're looking to just copy a folder full of files, usually SFTP (Linux) or file sharing (Windows) is the easiest way to go. Is that what you're trying to do, or do you need configuration elements inside the OS to also be copied? Which OS are you running?
IMNX
New to forums
New to forums

Post by IMNX »

Edge100x wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:44 pm If you're looking to just copy a folder full of files, usually SFTP (Linux) or file sharing (Windows) is the easiest way to go. Is that what you're trying to do, or do you need configuration elements inside the OS to also be copied? Which OS are you running?
I mean since I have created a game server within the VDS and have provided and edited a bunch of files to have mods and such in my VDS, i'd like to know if there's a way to emulate or import the same things I have from one VDS to the other.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

The methods John describe would still do what you'd want, basically creating a copy of your files from one VDS onto the other VDS, then you'd just have to adjust the configuration to make sure it's binding to the correct IP address, etc.