Server Issue with FiveM server

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
ralftech
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server Issue with FiveM server

Post by ralftech »

Hi,

I've been having the same issue as this person on FiveM forums: https://forum.fivem.net/t/server-crash- ... ysql/78021

Furthermore, I got this on OS log files:
kernel: TCP: request_sock_TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 30120.

Also in my error.log I got this:
Aborted connection 5022 to db: 'essentialmode' user: 'root' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

Everyone who joins my server since day one ends up crashing the server if they are a new player.

The server I have is Ubuntu 16.04

Any help will be highly appreciated!

- Ralf
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Server Issue with FiveM server

Post by Edge100x »

The SYN message should only show if there is a large number of unacknowledged inbound connections to that port. You should make sure that syncookies are enabled and consider adding a firewall rule to block access to that port if it is not one that needs to be exposed to the public -- it is possible that your application can't handle many open connections at once and is falling over from a small attack.

In terms of the MySQL error, that would likely be separate and could be what is causing your crashing behavior. You should check the basics, such as that the MySQL server is running and that you can manually connect with the same login information and query the applicable tables. Make sure, as well, that you've installed a version that is known to be compatible with your application.

Beyond this, the developers of FiveM would be the best ones to ask for further help. We have very little experience with it here.