VPN on NFO

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
iDon
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

VPN on NFO

Post by iDon »

Was wondering if anybody know a script or a way of installing VPN on an NFO server. I used to have a VPN service with an NFO server that connected via SoftEther, I would like the same idea. Like connect to the server via SoftEthernet on my laptop, Can anyone point me to the right direction? I've seen a few tutorials but they look outdated, just wondering if theres a new updated way of doing it and again I prefer using Softether. Thanks in Advance.
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: VPN on NFO

Post by hiimcody1 »

iDon wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:30 pm Was wondering if anybody know a script or a way of installing VPN on an NFO server. I used to have a VPN service with an NFO server that connected via SoftEther, I would like the same idea. Like connect to the server via SoftEthernet on my laptop, Can anyone point me to the right direction? I've seen a few tutorials but they look outdated, just wondering if theres a new updated way of doing it and again I prefer using Softether. Thanks in Advance.
Softether tends to be somewhat difficult to get setup properly so generally I just use OpenVPN. We have a Kb article for it here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11034
iDon
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by iDon »

hiimcody1 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:31 pm
iDon wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:30 pm Was wondering if anybody know a script or a way of installing VPN on an NFO server. I used to have a VPN service with an NFO server that connected via SoftEther, I would like the same idea. Like connect to the server via SoftEthernet on my laptop, Can anyone point me to the right direction? I've seen a few tutorials but they look outdated, just wondering if theres a new updated way of doing it and again I prefer using Softether. Thanks in Advance.
Softether tends to be somewhat difficult to get setup properly so generally I just use OpenVPN. We have a Kb article for it here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11034
Awesome I’ll take a look at it, and is this just as good as those NFO VPN servers they sell? Becaud they have to use the same set up right ?
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

iDon wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:59 pm
Awesome I’ll take a look at it, and is this just as good as those NFO VPN servers they sell? Becaud they have to use the same set up right ?
I couldn't really speak for what people may be reselling or how they configure it. I'm only familiar with what we officially offer.
iDon
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by iDon »

hiimcody1 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:23 pm
iDon wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:59 pm

I couldn't really speak for what people may be reselling or how they configure it. I'm only familiar with what we officially offer.
Ok and what server for this type of thing(VPN) do you recommend? Cores, location, initial OS for this type of configuration(VPN), and how many IP addresses? just trying to get it figured out so I can order it.
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

A single core Linux-only VDS with a single IP is often more than enough for most VPNs.
iDon
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by iDon »

Vanderburg wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:55 pm A single core Linux-only VDS with a single IP is often more than enough for most VPNs.
Linux only meaning? And if I wanted a new location just add another IP to my server and do same steps or? Like if I wanted Chicago and NY?
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

If you wanted a VDS in another location, you would need to order a new VDS in that location. It's not possible to have an IP address from multiple locations on a single VDS.
iDon
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by iDon »

Vanderburg wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:03 am If you wanted a VDS in another location, you would need to order a new VDS in that location. It's not possible to have an IP address from multiple locations on a single VDS.
Got you, thanks. And what OS do you recommend for this? Thank for your help.
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
iDon
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by iDon »

Oh and one more thing before I buy sorry, which guide is best to follow on viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11034 ?

hiimcody1 or Edge100x ?

OpenVPN or OpenVPN AS
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

iDon wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 3:12 am Oh and one more thing before I buy sorry, which guide is best to follow on viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11034 ?

hiimcody1 or Edge100x ?

OpenVPN or OpenVPN AS
Edge's is more geared towards users that aren't necessarily comfortable with using Linux as it provides the web UI. Other than that, things are pretty much the same since it is the same VPN software under the hood.
iDon
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by iDon »

hiimcody1 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:24 am
iDon wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 3:12 am Oh and one more thing before I buy sorry, which guide is best to follow on viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11034 ?

hiimcody1 or Edge100x ?

OpenVPN or OpenVPN AS
Edge's is more geared towards users that aren't necessarily comfortable with using Linux as it provides the web UI. Other than that, things are pretty much the same since it is the same VPN software under the hood.
Ok awesome and which OS do I choose when getting the server?
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
Juski
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Juski »

I would recommend Ubuntu (or Debian) as it tends to be easier to use for those new to Linux, and there tends to be more guides out there if you need help doing other things down the road.
[9-13-15] [18:10] <@TimeX-NFo> My muskrat brings all the boys to the yard!
[5-20-16] [12:57] <@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
Baeatelo
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Baeatelo »

im trying to connect to my vpn but when i open file configuration i cant connect it says access denied and blocking dns failed