How to setup Multiple instances of SAPP?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
AGStriker
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How to setup Multiple instances of SAPP?

Post by AGStriker »

Hi All,

I have setup multiple instances of Halo Combat Evolved using Int1, int2 and int3 with no issues so each virtual server can have its own game/maps.

I am trying to figure out how to do the same thing with SAPP but currently am unable.

Does anyone know the procedure?

I have one installation of SAPP but need SAPP to run on each of the different virtual halo servers independantly of each other so SAPP mapcycle can be different from server to server.

I cannot find the syntax to help accomplish this like I was able to find for the halo init1, init2 and init3 servers commands.

Is there something like SAPP1, SAPP2 or SAPP3 syntax that can be used? I cannot seem to sort it out when I try.

Is there an example I could see? I have spend hours googling this but cannot find examples to accomplish this.

Any help would be appreciated.
kendsie
New to forums
New to forums

Re: How to setup Multiple instances of SAPP?

Post by kendsie »

Hey strike,
You have to set up multiple instances of halo, and then install sapp into each one. That means that every instance will have a dedicated haloceded.exe in each instance. Then you can generate your init for each map, in each instance.
RG Bmf