RDC & Game Servers stop working after time

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Jake
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

RDC & Game Servers stop working after time

Post by Jake »

After running for a while I notice that my 2 game servers go offline on my Windows VDS. When I try to connect via RDC to see whats going on, I am unable to connect. After restarting the server through the control panel the problem goes away. I am not able to use VNC at any time for some reason (even when the server is online and functioning normally). I downloaded the TightVNC client and when I attempt to connect it says connection could not be made because the target machine actively refused it. Windows firewall is disabled. I have no firewall rules set in the firewall section of the control panel. Neither of those should affect VNC however.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: RDC & Game Servers stop working after time

Post by Edge100x »

How often does this happen? Have you checked the Windows system log?

Two of the most common reasons for Windows crashes like this are a Windows update being applied and running out of virtual memory, and both of those should show in the log.

On the VNC issue, please open up a support request directly so that we can look at that and determine if there is a configuration problem on our end.