Connecting on OpenVPN

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Anon
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Connecting on OpenVPN

Post by Anon »

Hi everyone, I recently bought an NFO. The setup and everything was smooth, and when I connected the first time on OpenVPN, everything worked fine. Then, shortly after, I reconnected and I received this error message, which I haven't seen before:

Sun Jul 01 12:54:08 2018 TAP-Windows Driver Version 9.21
Sun Jul 01 12:54:09 2018 NETSH: C:\WINDOWS\system32\netsh.exe interface ip set address Ethernet dhcp
Sun Jul 01 12:54:10 2018 ERROR: netsh command failed: returned error code 1
Sun Jul 01 12:54:15 2018 NETSH: C:\WINDOWS\system32\netsh.exe interface ip set address Ethernet dhcp
Sun Jul 01 12:54:15 2018 ERROR: netsh command failed: returned error code 1

After this, an error message pops up and tells me I failed to connect to the NFO.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: Connecting on OpenVPN

Post by hiimcody1 »

I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say that you "bought an NFO", our company is called NFO though.

That error you are getting is usually from not running OpenVPN as Administrator on your PC.
Tray77
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Connecting on OpenVPN

Post by Tray77 »

after i got done with the winscp part an i right click on my client.ovpn file an click start in open vpn it wont connect to open vpn can someone connect to my pc an do it for me pllz i really love NFO SERVERS I KEEP HEARING THEY ARE THE BEST SO I REALLY WANNA GET CONNECTED