How to Update a Killing Floor 2 Server to the Build 1069 Opt-In Beta

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
DeathMinister
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How to Update a Killing Floor 2 Server to the Build 1069 Opt-In Beta

Post by DeathMinister »

I'm looking for a way to update a Killing Floor 2 server to the Opt-In Monster Masquerade Beta Build 1069. It appears remote shell access is blocked for the game server, which is understandable, but the command needed to update the server seems pretty simple.

Code: Select all

app_update 232130 -beta preview
Perhaps there could be a button to enable this from the control panel? Maybe there already is and I'm missing it? Either way any help or information on opting in an NFO server to the beta update would be greatly appreciated! :D
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: How to Update a Killing Floor 2 Server to the Build 1069 Opt-In Beta

Post by Edge100x »

For performance, consistency, fast updates, and other reasons, we use a base installation for each game that is shared by all servers of that type. This means that, in most cases, we can't update an individual server with a different version of the game.

With certain game types (Ark and Rust), we have separated the game into multiple editions, allowing customers the choice of which version to run at the expense of extra overhead and complexity on our end. I'm not sure that it would make sense to do that for KF2's new beta, though, since it will be so short-lived.
DeathMinister
New to forums
New to forums

Re: How to Update a Killing Floor 2 Server to the Build 1069 Opt-In Beta

Post by DeathMinister »

Understandable. I appreciate the reply!