Few questions about CS:GO

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
rami3432
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Few questions about CS:GO

Post by rami3432 »

hey i am planing to buy the 6 core vds and run some csgo servers and one gmod server

how much servers i can run on thie vds ?
i am planing to run atlast 2 retake servers 10 slots 128 tick - dm server 28 slots 128 tick - surf rpg server 64 tick
and one superhero 26 - 28 slots 128 think i think
its will be fine ? its 5 servers + 1 core left
for the gmod its will be darkrp and 46 slots but i will upgrade to the 8 core
its should be fine ?
how much csgo servers i can open on the 6 core vds and on the 8 core vds
can i run 1 gmod server its dark rp 46 slots or 43 ?
thanks !
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Few questions about CS:GO

Post by Edge100x »

rami3432 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:24 am how much servers i can run on thie vds ?
That's always a difficult question to answer, since it varies so much, based on the servers' configurations and the number of players connected. Generally, I recommend that customers start with the minimum package that can support their memory requirements and then upgrade if necessary -- while paying particularly close attention to whether individual CPU cores are being topped out by single processes/threads, because upgrading generally can't help with that.
i am planing to run atlast 2 retake servers 10 slots 128 tick - dm server 28 slots 128 tick - surf rpg server 64 tick
Large 128 tick servers can be intensive, so this is difficult to say. I'd recommend starting with a small configuration and just running the largest/most intensive server, then expanding from there if it works well.

Having one core per server and an extra core or few (for the OS and smaller game server threads) seems like a reasonable expectation for the final configuration.
its should be fine ?
Note that with gmod, we usually recommend running with a low tickrate -- most customers choose to do this because game modes can be so intensive and this evens out performance. Garrysmod is generally more forgiving with a low tickrate than fast-twitch games due to the style of play.

For performance reasons (with CS:GO in particular), I'd recommend that you go with a Windows configuration, if you can afford it.
rami3432
New to forums
New to forums

Post by rami3432 »

Edge100x wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:03 pm
rami3432 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:24 am how much servers i can run on thie vds ?
That's always a difficult question to answer, since it varies so much, based on the servers' configurations and the number of players connected. Generally, I recommend that customers start with the minimum package that can support their memory requirements and then upgrade if necessary -- while paying particularly close attention to whether individual CPU cores are being topped out by single processes/threads, because upgrading generally can't help with that.
Large 128 tick servers can be intensive, so this is difficult to say. I'd recommend starting with a small configuration and just running the largest/most intensive server, then expanding from there if it works well.

Having one core per server and an extra core or few (for the OS and smaller game server threads) seems like a reasonable expectation for the final configuration.
its should be fine ?
Note that with gmod, we usually recommend running with a low tickrate -- most customers choose to do this because game modes can be so intensive and this evens out performance. Garrysmod is generally more forgiving with a low tickrate than fast-twitch games due to the style of play.

For performance reasons (with CS:GO in particular), I'd recommend that you go with a Windows configuration, if you can afford it.
thank you :)
the gmod will be with low tickrate
and for the csgo server but linux is fine aswell like i should not have any problem with that i will have 1 core left or ?
if i will want to change to windows i will able to do it without the ip change ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You'd be able to change between OSes without losing your IPs. If this is to be a managed VDS, you also wouldn't lose your servers or files (since you can use a special option on the control page for it); if unmanaged, you'd have to back up your files before triggering a wipe.
rami3432
New to forums
New to forums

Post by rami3432 »

yes i will have managed but can i request database aswell so they will install on my vds ?
because i need it for my servers i want localhost database i dont want to have any connections problem with that so i dont want to buy website its useless and i will buy it the vds on eu
thanks
Edge100x wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:55 pm You'd be able to change between OSes without losing your IPs. If this is to be a managed VDS, you also wouldn't lose your servers or files (since you can use a special option on the control page for it); if unmanaged, you'd have to back up your files before triggering a wipe.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We don't support databases on the same OS installation as managed game servers. But, you could get a small unmanaged VDS at the same location to support that, if you'd like. (Or, you could do unmanaged.)