Dedicated Server Germany

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Mikkel
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Dedicated Server Germany

Post by Mikkel »

Hello.

I will hear, which CPU via Frankfurt is recommended.

E3-1270v3
E3-1271v3

I'm searching after, for running (around) 15 CSGO Servers, 12slots(1x GOTV) No addons! and 128tick.

About the managed Linux: Will it means (the ultra-accelerator) the CSGOServer can run stable/smooth?
Regards

Mikkel
(Planned to order around tomorrow(Friday) or (Monday)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Dedicated Server Germany

Post by Edge100x »

It's difficult to say, since it really depends on how busy the servers are, and what configurations the use (number of players allowed, etc). If they are mostly going to be empty, for instance, you should be fine, because empty servers use no resources. Are you currently running these on other hardware elsewhere that we can compare to?

CS:GO seems to run pretty well on Linux nowadays. Previously, it needed Windows do perform well.
Mikkel
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mikkel »

Im running with a old 1270 without v.

Reason for I'm asking, about the ultra accelerated can do some balance with set performance for playing clanwar match e.g.

I dont know, how youes csgoserver running with ultra accelerated, so will be cool, if it's possible to set a way. Where there is some, like performance on, gameserver for balance optimized.

Thanks.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We don't really offer different performance levels of CS:GO servers. All servers run at the tickrate chosen by the customer. Servers on Windows and Linux for this particular game should perform similarly. Linux may offer slightly higher performance due to kernel tweaks, but we haven't done recent benchmark comparisons for CS:GO. Linux is less expensive than Windows, of course, and I do recommend it if you don't need to run Windows-only games alongside the CS:GO servers.

If you are currently using an E3-1270 elsewhere, then I'd expect you to do well with an E3-1270v3/E3-1271v3, certainly.
Mikkel
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mikkel »

How long will the installation/setup take, if I order?

I mean, how long setup needed for the customkernel? I see it's choose Ubuntu, if I click managed Linux e.g.

Or does it performance better with gentoo?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Usually setup takes just a couple of days if the standard (free) setup option is chosen.

With a managed Linux server, we select and manage the distribution on our end. Currently we use a tweaked Gentoo installation with a custom kernel.
Mikkel
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mikkel »

Is it possible, about you have demoserver in csgo, with the quality? More, so I can check before order full machine?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

If you enter CS:GO into the order page and choose the same location, a couple of example servers should appear, but they will be in our regular standalone system. You could also rent your own standalone server in our system and take advantage of our 2-day free trial, if you'd like.

These would not fully show how your servers would perform when you put them all onto one machine, but they would give you an idea of your personal latency to the location.
Mikkel
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mikkel »

Hi,

I did check. Is it not possible for the (VAR) can be lower?
Dunno about it's possible to disable C-state e.g?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not sure what reference point you are using when you ask if it can be lower.

With an unmanaged machine, you should be able to change your power/performance settings personally. With a managed machine, that is something that we handle on our end.
Mikkel
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Mikkel »

Hey again.

Is there planned, to support new CPUs, of dedicated server, via Germany?

The last server in Germany, can it run 9-10 csgo on Linux, without problem?

And Which OS to choice of managed, to get performance?