Accidentally delete windows folder

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Minecraft2207
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Accidentally delete windows folder

Post by Minecraft2207 »

I created a new folder and then i decided to delete it but the madafaka rearrenged itself at the top, making me press delete to the windows folder. I inmediatelly cancel it, did it end up deleting something?

I ran to my recycle bin to see if there was something and couldn't find anything not even hidden. But I am scare now.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Accidentally delete windows folder

Post by Edge100x »

If you immediately cancelled it, Windows may been still scanning the files and hadn't started deleting anything. To be safe, I'd recommend backing up your custom files, but if the OS still works after a reboot, and you don't notice anything obviously different about it, then you're probably OK.
Minecraft2207
A regular
A regular

Re: Accidentally delete windows folder

Post by Minecraft2207 »

Yes I rebooted already and everything seems to be fine. Damnnn it was scary, I didn't even receive a prompt message wether I wanted to delete or not it just started to delete inmediatelly.