Control Panel

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
luckybucky98
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Control Panel

Post by luckybucky98 »

Hello,
I have purchased a VDS and have installed the CSGO server and I can get one running flawlessly as a test. However I would like to install a control panel so that I can have multiple instances running and service them with SSH'ing into the VDS and trying to remember the CLI commands to bring up the hidden screen etc. for basic server maintenance. I was looking into Pufferpanel and the terminal spit out no errors however when I goto the domain provided through NFO it just brings me to an index and PHPmyadmin login which does not have pufferpanel anywhere on it and just has some My SQL information. Any help or guides would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Control Panel

Post by Vanderburg »

It sounds like you have both a VDS and webhosting. Software you install on the VDS wouldn't be accessible directly from the webhosting, so if you installed something to the VDS with a web interface, you'd use the IP address of the VDS itself. Often, when you install a service like this, it will announce its IP and port on the command line as you run it.

For PufferPanel in particular, it looks like they don't provide an integrated webserver for management, but require you to run your own Apache instance, which you can point to the directory. The guide for this is here: https://pufferpanel.readme.io/v1.2/docs ... figuration

If you're still wanting to run the servers manually you can use the following command to list your screen sessions:

Code: Select all

screen -ls
which will print out a list of sessions by ID. You can then select/reattach a specific session with the command:

Code: Select all

screen -r [sessionID]
where the [sessionID] is the number listed for a particular session.
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Control Panel

Post by Naleksuh »

From my understanding of what Pufferpanel does, it runs its own webserver right on the VDS. However, the OP here said that he is using a shared webhosting using an NFO subdomain. That may be the miscommunication here.