Minecraft VPS Bukkit server not working

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
sevensrequiem
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Minecraft VPS Bukkit server not working

Post by sevensrequiem »

First time making a mc server on a vps, ive made them in the past on serverhosts and local. This is my error log, what is going on?? https://pastebin.com/AuE5FyR9
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Minecraft VPS Bukkit server not working

Post by Edge100x »

You have many errors there that mostly point to plugins being missing or corrupted. Have you tried re-uploading them? Are you running the latest versions and uploading them in binary mode through FTP?
sevensrequiem
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by sevensrequiem »

I'm uploading in binary and they are updated. However the logs show that they cannot create directories/config files and that's where most of the errors are coming from.
sevensrequiem
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by sevensrequiem »

I figured out what it was, apparently the user didn't have permissions, I gave the user owner to the server folder and its working nicely.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Ah, ok. You originally posted this in the Minecraft folder for our regular shared hosting, which threw me off -- permissions errors wouldn't be a problem there.

If you are going to be offering servers to others (renting them out or similar), then you might consider installing a 3rd party control panel onto your VDS, to help with the setup/updating/management.