Xbox One X Connecting to VDS - Can’t Connect to Static IP

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
idontwipeenough
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Xbox One X Connecting to VDS - Can’t Connect to Static IP

Post by idontwipeenough »

Hello,

I’m having difficulties understanding the process behind setting up my Xbox to connect to my NFO VDS. I have read the previous thread(s) addressing this issue, but I need a little bit more detailed process behind how to make this happen please. I currently have my AT&T wireless internet access point as the internet source and my laptop and Xbox are hard wired into an Ethernet port switch. I have a NordVPN account setup on my laptop, DNS I’m using is OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220). If you could provide a step-by-step for me I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!
idontwipeenough
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Xbox One X Connecting to VDS - Can’t Connect to Static IP

Post by idontwipeenough »

So you can reply to my help request email and tell me to post in the forum but you can't respond to my forum post?? Nice
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Xbox One X Connecting to VDS - Can’t Connect to Static IP

Post by Edge100x »

Posting in the forum is the right thing to do. This where customers can ask other customers for software assistance. We don't offer software assistance for unmanaged services directly through our support request system.

It sounds as though you wish to use a VDS as a VPN and configure your Xbox One X to connect through it, so you are looking for a step-by-step guide. It is something that I have not done, so I can't personally write you a guide.

My recommended starting point would be to see what types of VPNs the Xbox One X supports, then find a guide here or elsewhere on how to set up one of those types.