How to setup FastDL for csgo.

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How to setup FastDL for csgo.

Post by Linerz »

Hi,
so to make it fast, I've been trying to setup a fastdl for my csgo server for people to download materials and particles which are accepted since they are vmt, vtf and pcf files. I tried a free web host and uploaded through FTP the files and I had a linked that looked like that: https://ashleycsgo.000webhostapp.com/csgo. Every time someone joins the server the console shows that it's trying to download files then it says error downloading files so pretty much nothing downloads like nothing at all. After that, I used my friends paid web host and we also used the regular file manager and uploaded the csgo file that had the other files in it in "public_html". After all this the same thing happened but even worst, it wasn't even trying to download all the files it showed one download and then failed download so nothing is working for me. The only solution that I feel like might work would be to make a fastdl that is running on the same IP as my VPS so from what i've been reading I would need to install a webserver on my vps and then use it to upload files on it and use that link in my server. Little issue I have no idea how this works. I have no experience whatsoever in installing weservers and then getting an ftp to work and get a link for the download and all those things. Thanks for any help in advance.

Best Regards,
Linerz.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: How to setup FastDL for csgo.

Post by TimeX »

From what I am seeing, the example link you gave should work and has the proper directory structure. I am not sure if the game will support HTTPS though. Is that the address the server is currently using? If so, can you try changing it to use HTTP instead to see if it helps?

If that is not the current address, would you mind sharing what it is using currently?
TimeX
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Linerz »

Yes im using: http://oxceeclean.cc/csgo
And I tried so many things already and i just cant get anything to work or even download. With the first link it would just try to download everything and fail every single time but with this link it would only give an error to 1 thing it is trying to download then just stops trying to download anything else.
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Linerz »

I even downloaded something called Easy Downloader for sourcemod and the problem with that is if people dont have sv_allowupload 1 they cant download the files at all neither join the server. And the command by default for csgo is sv_allowupload 0 so it wont work.
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Linerz »

I also right now installed Apache on my VPS and I made a directory for my files to download and it is still not working. I just don't know how to fix this issue at this point. It's such an uncommon issue to have after trying every single solution, I'm thinking that it might be the fast that there's way to many files to download or that the way the files are placed aren't done properly but I don' t know what the issue is.
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

Troubleshooting this is going to require looking over some logs to find out what's occurring. First, when you attempt to join the server, the console in CS:GO should list each download, what errors are showing up there?

Second, for Apache, there should be an access log file available you can look over that will show all requests handled by the webserver. You can review this to determine if requests for downloads are reaching the server, what requests are being made, and what status is being returned. "404" errors there would mean the webserver can't find the file requested, where as "200" would mean files are downloading correctly.
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Linerz »

Well to be honest I've looked around everywhere the only thing I think might be the issue is the way my files are setup. I heard from a guy that I can't have like a tree of folder and files on a fastdl and it would need to have only the csgo folder and then whatever I am trying to download. if you look at this link: http://oxceeclean.cc/csgo
you can see how the files are placed but I don't know if that's actually the issue. Looking in tho access.log for apache showed me a lot of things but some of them are 200, others are 404 and there's like other number ids as well but nothing is downloading like nothing at all even tho I see the 200 which you said it was the correct request.
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

You want to use the same directory structure on your web server as you have on your game server.

If you have a model file called "tree.vmt" located in /csgo/models/cooltrees/tree.vmt on the game server, then that file would need to be in /<root of your fast download folder>/models/cooltrees/tree.vmt on your web server.

Feel free to post a small snippet of your logs here. Access log entries for fast download for CS:GO should end in "Half-Life 2". Here is a made up access log entry for a file requested for fast download:

Code: Select all

example.site.nfoservers.com 1.2.3.4 - - [28/Jan/2020:12:12:12 -0800] "GET /server/models/cooltrees/tree.vmt HTTP/1.1" 200 16231 "hl2://1.2.3.4:27015" "Half-Life 2"
Also, please post a small snippet of what you're seeing in the CS:GO client console when you try to join the server.
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Linerz »

So I get this when I join the server: Downloading http://192.223.27.183/csgo/particles/piss.pcf.bz2. Error downloading http://192.223.27.183/csgo/particles/piss.pcf.bz2 Downloading http://192.223.27.183/csgo/particles/piss.pcf. Download finished!
It was able to download 1 pcf out of like 30 of them and then it ignored every single other files in there. As you can see, http://192.223.27.183/csgo is my current fastdl link and if you go to it you will see that something is clearly wrong. in apache, all I see is the same exact results: [29/Jan/2020:15:14:10 -0500] "GET /csgo/particles/piss.pcf.bz2 HTTP/1.1" 404 196
[29/Jan/2020:15:14:10 -0500] "GET /csgo/particles/piss.pcf HTTP/1.1" 200 3230

I just can't figure the issue whatsoever i wish i could have someone on discord just look it up with me and try to fix this because ive been on and off for like 3 weeks on this problem.
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

These .bz2 errors are normal. Clients always request a .bz2 version of every file first, as fast download supports bz2 compression. If no bz2 version is found, the client will fall back to requesting the standard, uncompressed file. Can you post some other files that are failing to download?
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Linerz »

Like I said before this is where you can see my full file directory: http://192.223.27.183/csgo
and nothing else is either failing to download or trying to download or successfully downloading.
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

If no other files are downloading from the server, this would mean that the files are not added to the download table for the game server. Most plugins will add files included with the plugin to the download table, so that they're requested for fast download. What plugin are these custom files being used with?
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Linerz »

I am currently trying to install custom Auras on the csgo server and everything works well when my files are manually put but I need them to be downloaded to the client. I am using store my zephyrus and one plugin for the auras themselves called store_particles

Also i dont know if thats gonna be possible but is there anyway to contact you on discord and show you the issue maybe you will see something i dont?
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Linerz »

The only thing is actually downloading successfully is the piss.cfg and the rest of the files aren't even taking in count whatsoever. Structure is the same on my webserver and in my gameserver files. Nothing is working properly and it is so annoying.
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

It's likely that this store plugin will require you to setup a configuration for the files that forces these files to get added to the download table. You will want to review the configuration for the plugin to get fast download working. It seems your sv_downloadurl and web server are setup correctly.