How to setup FastDL for csgo.

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: How to setup FastDL for csgo.

Post by Linerz »

I've been trying to look around for what you said but i can't find anything related to that. Nothing seems to be for forcing certain files to add to the download list. The reason im most confused about is the fact that that one file (piss.pcf) is downloading out of the 100 other other files. It's just this one that works like how the hell is this working...
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Spray »

A Google search for the plugin you mentioned comes up with the following post on Alliedmodders, explaining how to setup the plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthrea ... ost2464749

This mentions that correctly adding the items into that items.txt file will setup precaching/downloading for the auras.
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Linerz »

I in fact added everything like mentioned in the plugin,

Code: Select all

"Auras"
        {
               "Heal Trail"
               {
                        "particlename" "particles/piss.pcf"
                        "effectname" "heal_ss"
                        "position" "0.0 0.0 0.0"
                        "price" "6000"
                        "type" "CustomParticles"
                        "flag" "o"
               }
I have added that since the beginning and I added those same files to http://192.223.27.183/csgo
This was correctly setup from day one that is why im so confused on why this isnt working whatsoever
Linerz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Linerz »

Alright well I finally got it to work! It's a very weird process... people who want to install custom auras need to know about that. You have to download a plugin called "Easy Downloader". The reason for that is this plugin will allow you to add files paths that can be precached for you like vmt, vtf, pcf, dml files etc.. that way the fastdl will automatically read the easy downloader files and use them as the files to download. The only problem is you have to add every single directory individually on each like something like this:

Code: Select all

particles/pablic.pcf
particles/2j.pcf
particles/4color.pcf
particles/angel.pcf
particles/batterfly.pcf
particles/block.pcf
particles/bourbone.pcf
particles/duxi.pcf
particles/energy.pcf
particles/green.pcf
particles/hearth.pcf
particles/hell_energy.pcf
particles/in_camera.pcf
particles/jack.pcf
particles/kom_green.pcf
particles/kom_red.pcf
particles/kom_white.pcf
particles/laser.pcf
particles/laser_v2.pcf
particles/nyan_cat.pcf
particles/pesok.pcf
particles/piss.pcf
particles/pomexa.pcf
particles/sakura.pcf
particles/sila.pcf
particles/slow_fire.pcf
particles/spiral.pcf
particles/stars.pcf
particles/viy_viy.pcf
particles/vodka.pcf
particles/wallhack.pcf
the issue also is that this is a very easy path but think about the vmt, vtf and mdl files that are placed all in different folders and location. And thinking about this I thought of a good idea, I opened powershell from in the main path and made a quick script that gives me every single path of the files in the folders in that main folder and all starting from where i opened powershell that way i doesnt give me the full path like c:\csgoserver\csgo\etc... it will do materials\particle\etc...

Thx for all you guys help. I really appreciate you guys!