FTB Forge Mods setup

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Chrisroy999
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

FTB Forge Mods setup

Post by Chrisroy999 »

I am currently running a FTB minecraft server 1.12.2-14.23.5.2821. I am trying to also put forge onto my server so I can install additional mods. I would also like to keep the current map and am confused on how to install forge with the current server already setup without messing up things.

I have downloaded forge 1.12.2-14.23.5.2821 and also the buildcraft 7.99.24.4 version I want, but need a little guidance on what to do next.

Thanks!
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Re: FTB Forge Mods setup

Post by hiimcody1 »

Buildcraft changes world generation for oil, so you may want to reconsider using a pre-existing map if it is a vanilla map.

The easiest way to get Forge running is to download their installer onto your PC, run it, and select the "Install Server" option.

Extract the files to somewhere easy to remember, such as C:\forgeserver and open that folder once is is done.

Next, copy the contents of C:\forgeserver over to your server's FTP.

At this point, you should make a new folder on your FTP named "mods" if it doesn't exist and copy your mods over to it.

Once all of that is copied, go to your Server Control tab on the NFO Control Panel and select the Forge jar.

You should be able to start the server up at that point.
Chrisroy999
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Chrisroy999 »

I open forge using Java (TM) Platform SE Binary then I Installed the client and installed the server and ran it locally on my pc, but I am confused on the part where you suggest an extraction and how to copy over the files without replacing the other files already in my FTP. Also I am unsure as to how to get the buildcraft version mod into my mod folder for the forge server itself. Will I have to rerun it after I add the mod again?
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

A bad word choice on my part. You would install the server to C:\forgeserver or a similar path.

After you do that, the folder should look similar to this:

You would upload those files to your server's FTP.

After that, create a folder on the FTP named "mods" if it doesn't exist.

Inside that mods folder, put the buildcraft jar.
Chrisroy999
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Chrisroy999 »

I followed the steps that you mention and uploaded screenshots below. I added the mod to the mod folder and I also uploaded the files from the folder but it asked me to overwrite them so I did. I also changed the plugin to run forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2821.

What would you suggest?

https://imgur.com/a/8itXWUI
Chrisroy999
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Chrisroy999 »

The whole server is down now and will not work by the way.
hiimcody1
Staff
Staff

Post by hiimcody1 »

I can't say without seeing what the server is doing.

Please go ahead and open a support request so I can take a look at it.