Gamer server Crashing

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
3ddeath
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Gamer server Crashing

Post by 3ddeath »

Is there a program I can install that would tell me why every now and then the game server crashes. I have a script I run that reboots the the game back up so isn't down long. Sure would like to know what causes it to crash. Nothing goes in the steam dump files or server logs. Any help would be great.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Gamer server Crashing

Post by TimeX »

There may be a way to enable extra logging. Which game is this regarding? Also, have you checked the OS log files as well to see if there was any system related problems at the time?
TimeX
3ddeath
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 3ddeath »

its the new Battlegrounds 3 on steam. All logs show nothing. I need something that tells me why it crashes. The server box dont crash just the game.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

The system logs may still hold some sort of clue in that situation, such as a driver error. I recommend checking that out as well, if you haven't already.
TimeX
3ddeath
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 3ddeath »

Can you point me in the right direction. Only thing I found was a Terminal service for printer error, which don't make sense. The game is run from a folder on the desktop called Server. It has a script that prevents it from stopping but reboots the game not the server. What can I do with in the game. The game server logs dont help at all. It should show somehow in the steam dmp logs but for some reason its not.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

If the system and the game server logs are not showing much, then I'm not sure what else to suggest. Someone more familiar with the game may know of a way to get more information out of it or have a better idea of what the problem may be.
TimeX