What extensions are required (php, mysql, etc.) to run a website?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
BenjaminNET
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

What extensions are required (php, mysql, etc.) to run a website?

Post by BenjaminNET »

Hello,

I have a VPS / VDS I want to install a website on it for the first time, and I don't know what I have to install on it to make sure that my website and some other things will work without problems, is there someone who help can tell me the commands that I have to give in the ssh to install all The things needed to run a website without any problems at all, I don't know many things about how it all works, so please if you have something to say, I hope you can explain your point well!

My OS is Linux - Ubuntu 18.4 LTS
BenjaminNET
New to forums
New to forums

Re: What extensions are required (php, mysql, etc.) to run a website?

Post by BenjaminNET »

I had Webhosting on nfoserver and everything was going OK! but I am moving to VPS now if you can tell me what PHP extensions and functions the WebHost included and how to install all of them then I would appreciate that!
3Fingers
New to forums
New to forums

Post by 3Fingers »

These tutorials my help get you started...

Debian - viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15659

Ubuntu - viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15658
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

Usually just "apt install php" will get you the MOST common basic ones. Other useful ones that I regularly need are, php-mysql, php-curl php-mstring, php-zip, php-xml, php-bz2