Need help with minecraft and project reality server

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
skylerblethen
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Need help with minecraft and project reality server

Post by skylerblethen »

Hello all,

I am having difficulty getting minecraft and project reality servers set up, the project reality server console crashes after thirty seconds after launching, and the minecraft server fails to start with the error message "failed to create the java virtual machine". I tried the fix for this and I have failed, am I missing something?
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Need help with minecraft and project reality server

Post by Vanderburg »

I wouldn't be able to provide much insight to the Project Reality server, but for Minecraft, the particular error you're receiving suggests that either you're using the wrong java. You might need the server, if you're trying to allocate memory too much memory, since the client can only run 2GB, or you could simply be trying to allocate more memory than is available. The next time you (or any other customer) experiences this, I would encourage you to to post the full error you receive.

Also, you mention that you attempted a fix. Describing that fix you attempted would also be useful.