Sudden Reboot on server/Frequent Restart on server

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
AshurA107
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Sudden Reboot on server/Frequent Restart on server

Post by AshurA107 »

<t>Hi guys<br/>
<br/>
Good day, Please help me solve my VPS problem I'm having disturbing problem on my VPS, i will list down the problem below:<br/>
1. Frequent Restart on server, i can't find what's the cause of a frequent restart,it is shutting down my applications running on vps everyday.<br/>
2. I noticed in my server manager there are 94 services have been stopped or should be activated manually, will it be possible that this is the cause of frequent restart?<br/>
3. will it be possible that my OS have been corrupt already? my VPS duration run for 1 month now.<br/>
<br/>
Please help me find solution to the problem on my VPS.</t>
Spray
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Sudden Reboot on server/Frequent Restart on server

Post by Spray »

The most common cause we see for VDSes suddenly crashing would be low/out of memory conditions. If your software is demanding a lot of memory usage and you're already close to the limit of how much you've added to the VDS, a sudden increase in memory usage from the application could cause the server to lock up. I'd definitely recommend reviewing usage on your server, and checking into OS log files to determine if any memory / virtual memory errors are present.