Admin Panel hosted off VDS infinitely loading

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Fergus
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Admin Panel hosted off VDS infinitely loading

Post by Fergus »

There is a community made admin panel, game server scripts, and an installation guide that I have been following. Yesterday everything was working properly up until the point I accidentally copied the folder's contents of a file and put it into the wrong folder. There is a folder called server which is what the panel uses to run and is hosted using the server's IP. It also requires a Steam API key to be put in that will be used for verifying login to said panel. It warns you to put your steam API key there because only that person can then create a game server from the panel, once logged in. With all of that though, yesterday up until this point everything worked and was loading properly. It was not until I went to create a server via the panel that caused infinite loading to occur on that webpage.

Since then I have tried rebooting the VDS multiple times, deleting all files I had changed and redoing the entire process, wiping and then reinstalling the OS. I also have tried swapping the steam API key. Here is the guide if you would like to take a look. I have been scratching my head as to why it would just infinitely load. I am open to any and all suggestions.

The VDS is running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS x64

https://github.com/OutlawByteStudios/PK ... n-Guide.md
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Admin Panel hosted off VDS infinitely loading

Post by Edge100x »

I am not familiar with the panel, but have you also tried clearing your client-side browser cache? If it cached a redirect page, that could be a problem. Testing in another browser could also be a way to test this.
Fergus
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Admin Panel hosted off VDS infinitely loading

Post by Fergus »

I actually just figured it out luckily. The issue stemmed from them using mongodb to handle the panel database. Within the guide it lists this as a prereq before you even start the guide. Most people i wouldnt think would have this. After many many hours of trouble shooting it turns out all I had to do was use use the commands:

sudo systemctl start mongod
sudo systemctl enable mongod

The first one starts the service and the second makes it so it will boot up after a reboot. My constant uninstalling and reinstalling led to me being very careless and quickly moved through the steps. My inital install was correct, just when i instinctively rebooted the system to fix the loading issue it broke it due to the database not starting back up.

I appreciate the reponse!