SSD on Dedicated Server Not Installed

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Meiers
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

SSD on Dedicated Server Not Installed

Post by Meiers »

Has anyone here after waiting for setup and when signing in, you noticed there only 49GB instead of 960.
Description: Intel Xeon E-2186G (Coffee Lake 3.8ghz)
Number of CPUs: 1, with 6 total cores
Speed of CPUs: 3.80 ghz
Type of CPUs: Intel Xeon Hexa-core
Amount of RAM: 64 GB
Standard hard drive size: 0 GB
SSD hard drive size: 960 GB

When logging on this morning for the first time, I noticed I only have 19GB out of 49GB left, has anyone had this issues before, and how long did it take for them to fix this issues. I'm a little sadden by this, I know were all humans and makes mistakes from time to time, I just want to know how long does this take to fix, and I'm guessing they will have to reinstall everything again. Does credited come into affect for next month, if I have to wait a few days like the install process ?
Thank you for reading this, and answering my question.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (4.37 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
Meiers
New to forums
New to forums

Re: SSD on Dedicated Server Not Installed

Post by Meiers »

fixed
Naleksuh
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Naleksuh »

Can you clarify how it was fixed incase anyone has the same problem in the future?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was my fault, and I apologize for that. When imaging a machine we typically have to extend the partition near the end of the process, and after reading this and thinking back, I think I forgot that step with your machine.

For everyone else, it means going to Disk Management in Windows, right-clicking on the partition, and selecting the option to extend the partition. From there you just need to click through on the options it asks you, and then it takes just a moment or so to finish the operation. No data loss happens.
TimeX