TIC Rate

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
sUiCiDeR
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

TIC Rate

Post by sUiCiDeR »

I have a dedicated server. It runs Windows 2008 Standard. I am running Counter-Strike source servers. I have TCAdmin installed for all the servers. They were running fine yesterday and were all at 100 tic. However today, all servers are at 66 tic. Not sure what happened or why this is occuring. This is what one of the command lines look like.

-game cstrike -console -tickrate 100 -nohltv +fps_max 0 +ip 64.94.101.181 -port 27015 +maxplayers 32 +exec server.cfg +map de_dust2

Not sure why this is occuring. Any help is appreciated.

Aaron
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: TIC Rate

Post by Edge100x »

How are you measuring the ticrate? Are you looking at the rightmost "in" number in the net_graph output in your client (the observed updaterate)? If so, then you may just need to adjust the sv_maxupdaterate or the cl_updaterate on your client (upwards).

Make sure not to look at the leftmost number under "in", as that's the size of the last received packet (http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =25&t=3930 talks more about this).
sUiCiDeR
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sUiCiDeR »

Yes it is at 100.

I have the following set.

rate 30000, cl_updaterate 100, cl_cmdrate 100.

It is not just me that is stating its att 66 tic. It is everyone across the board for all my servers. For some reason it is no longer at 100 tic.

Aaron
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

sUiCiDeR wrote:I have the following set.

rate 30000, cl_updaterate 100, cl_cmdrate 100.
On the server, do you have sv_maxupdaterate 100 and sv_minupdaterate 100?

Also, please answer this when you have the chance:
How are you measuring the ticrate? Are you looking at the rightmost "in" number in the net_graph output in your client (the observed updaterate)?
N2DEEP
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by N2DEEP »

It has been awhile, but do you not have to run sourcefpsboost anymore? I know I used to have to run that to adjust the windows timer and get 100 tic instead of 66 tic. Without it the max you could get was 66 tic, no matter what you had in the command line.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That's a very good point -- it is still necessary, and that's probably exactly what is messing up sUiCiDeR here =). He kept saying "tickrate", so I didn't even think about FPS.