Re-Installing OS on VPS

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
JayCat
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re-Installing OS on VPS

Post by JayCat »

I went into the control panel, selected the os that I want to intall, checked the box that says "Knowing that this cannot be undone to continue" and I can't see what to do next.

The only thing that I see is at the top to perform action. But the only action is to start server. When I do that, I just starts the server without reinstalling the new os. What am I missing?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Re-Installing OS on VPS

Post by Edge100x »

In the box below where you click "Knowing that this cannot be undone, I am sure I want to do this.", under the game server install options, is a button labelled "Install new OS". This must be used to fully trigger the OS re-installation.
JayCat
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by JayCat »

You can easily wipe your virtual disk and install a new, preconfigured OS from scratch, a process that typically takes 30-45 minutes.

"Here is where you choose the os to install"

Is what you want not listed?
More information on managed installs.

Knowing that this cannot be undone, I am sure I want to do this.
I would like for popular game installs to be copied to my new disk.

*** After this I see nothing else ***
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I just found and fixed a bug on that page that only manifested in IE8 -- please give it another go, as it should show you the full option set now :).
JayCat
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by JayCat »

Yep, that worked thanks. I have another question but I'll start another thread for that.