Mixed Virtual Server

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
N2DEEP
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Mixed Virtual Server

Post by N2DEEP »

I doubt this possible, but...

Is there anyway to have a mixed VDS server? What I mean is I want control of my games that allow it, but it would also be nice if a server such as BC2 or MOH could be loaded onto. I understand I would not have access to that install or section, but it would allow me to keep my current servers on my VDS without having to add another for a locked down game like MOH or BC2.

If GSP's would just give up the public files none of this would be necessary, but we all know that is not the case.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Mixed Virtual Server

Post by Edge100x »

A VDS has to be entirely managed or entirely unmanaged. With BC2/MoH, we can't provide you access to the machine that hosts the server, apart from through a highly regulated control panel.
N2DEEP
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Mixed Virtual Server

Post by N2DEEP »

Ya I guess the developers will never understand that the server files were never the issue, it was always cheats, hacks, and exploits on the client side.

MW2 was the most hacked up game and it did not have ded servers.