Planning on server here - Stop me!

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Terwax
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Planning on server here - Stop me!

Post by Terwax »

Ok, so far, replies from founder = win.

Now is it true that NFO tries not to make profit? If so, how do they afford new stuff? Are they making profit off the gameservers (per game) and not VDS/full machines?

Anything bad about NFO you experienced so far?

I saw a few posts in flame forums, there many people posted swear words etc which never got deleted. However this thread i saw where John was going to lock a thread. The person was at fault and etc, but locking up thread = read story below

Billy, a long customer of wesellcheapgameservers.com called and asked for a issue to resolved. He has been calling for long and in the end, issue wasn't solved. He went as far as getting a hold of the CEO, named Juju who doesn't have a lot of time (understandable) and Juju, nicknamed mr.cheap server, couldn't solve it too. In the end, the mr.cheap server hung up the phone saying he can't do anything but said he can call back.
Terwax
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Planning on server here - Stop me!

Post by Terwax »

Forgot to say, ya'll job is to:
Reasonably do your best to stop me from hosting server at NFO. List all the flaws

But please don't go "OMG NFO SUCKS I TELL YOU GO AWAY, GO FAR AWAY THEY STEAL YOUR INFO AND THEY EAT BABIEZ AND PRAY TO UNICORN, THEY'RE INHUMAN!!!"

Have a good reason that supports your opinion
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Terwax wrote:Now is it true that NFO tries not to make profit? If so, how do they afford new stuff? Are they making profit off the gameservers (per game) and not VDS/full machines?
Not making a profit means that at the end of each year, there isn't money left over -- the company isn't saving up money or handing out dividends. All of the funds that come in go right back out, and a big chunk of those funds goes to hardware.
ryry46d9
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ryry46d9 »

I picked up a VDS package in the LA data center, and love it.
I have had a few minor problems due to my fault. Posted a ticket and got a reply back very fast. The last ticket got replied to before I could close the window.

So if you haven't ordered yet do it!