[ubuntu] how to access my server

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Kilonox
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

[ubuntu] how to access my server

Post by Kilonox »

I am using Ubuntu on my laptop, and want to access my Windows Server. I have tried with the built-in remote desktop. I can't use the VNC on the CP because I can't get Java to work in my browsers.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: [ubuntu] how to access my server

Post by Edge100x »

Remote Desktop should work, but if you are running Win2k8+ on the VDS, you might have to adjust the setting on the server side to accept connections by old Remote Desktop clients.

If you can't get the "VNC console" page to work, you could use any standalone VNC client. Try "sudo apt-get install vncviewer" followed by "vncviewer vncserveraddress" where "vncserveraddress" is the "VNC server address" given on the "Server control" page in the CP.
Kilonox
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Kilonox »

When I did that, the terminal just blinked as thou it was loading. I waited for 10 mins
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Please shoot us a support request, and we can double-check that your VDS is running properly.