Other IP Questions

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
ShuffleScape
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Other IP Questions

Post by ShuffleScape »

Recently, I bought a new IP for my VDS.
Now, I am trying to get it verified with the VDS because I am trying to put my IP on a site and they are asking me to verify it. It always says that it's doesn't work because it says I am on my real VDS IP, but I am on the one I bought.

How can I make it so it can verify the good IP ?

PS: It tells me to enter a URL on my browser to verify my IP so I need to be on the computer with the good IP to get verified.

Thanks !
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Other IP Questions

Post by Vanderburg »

If you are trying to verify it as in, make sure that what you think you have is what you actually have, then there's a couple ways to check. First, check your NFO control panel. All your IPs will be listed on the page "IP list." Next, if you are on a Windows VDS, you can open the command prompt (Through RDP or VNC) and type "ipconfig". This will show you all the IP addresses assigned to your interfaces. If you are on a linux machine, you can open the terminal and type "ifconfig". If you find an IP on the IP list that isn't listed in your interfaces, you can submit a support ticket to NFO. They have instructions for adding IP addresses to your interface for all the operating systems, ready to go.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Thanks, Vanderburg.

On Linux, I'd actually recommend using "ip address" to see the IPs, as some Linux flavors have deprecated "ifconfig" in their networking scripts and the IPs will not show there.

Web browsers only bind to the main IP on a machine, generally, so if your site is checking with the IP that your web browser is using, it won't see the one that you've added. You can try using a program like http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/forcebindip/ to bind a specific IP to your browser, but fundamentally this is a mistake made by the author of the website you are using.
ShuffleScape
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ShuffleScape »

Ok thanks, both of you.
I'm trying to do 'ipconfig' on my command prompt and I'm getting this:

'ipconfig' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

How can I fix that so it works ?

Thanks.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

"ipconfig" is valid in all versions of Windows, so that's a very strange result. It should also run as a non-administrator user, if you need it to. Are you sure that you're entering it exactly right?

You can also see your IPs through the virtual network adapter.
ShuffleScape
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ShuffleScape »

Edge100x wrote:"ipconfig" is valid in all versions of Windows, so that's a very strange result. It should also run as a non-administrator user, if you need it to. Are you sure that you're entering it exactly right?

You can also see your IPs through the virtual network adapter.
Ok yeah, I see that my other IP is there.
ShuffleScape
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ShuffleScape »

But yeah, ForceBindIP only works for 32 bits Windows and I'm on 64 bits I think. It's not working when I try to start it with the command. :(

Is there any other way or programs ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You could remove the original IP from your network adapter and then try again, to force the request to come from your new one. That's the only way to do it with a major browser.

This is really a problem with that website, though, whatever site it is.
ShuffleScape
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by ShuffleScape »

Edge100x wrote:You could remove the original IP from your network adapter and then try again, to force the request to come from your new one. That's the only way to do it with a major browser.

This is really a problem with that website, though, whatever site it is.
Can I add it back after if I do that ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, you can.