Installing AA3 server

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Installing AA3 server

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

When installing an AA3 server, do I have to copy the dedicated server files from steam to the VDS server? Or is their some place else one should be getting the server files?
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Installing AA3 server

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not sure on that one as I haven't set up an AA3 server in a looong time, but if it's like other UT3-engine games, it may involve uploading all the files that are also used by the client, and running the game executable in the "Binaries" folder with the "server" argument -- "UT3 server" if it's like UT3 -- followed by the other arguments (for loading the map, etc).
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

I think we got it. We had to install steam, create another account just for the server and downloaded all the files.

We also installed TS3, and was wondering about something.

If AA3 and TS3 use all different ports, can't we use the same ip for both programs?
I have someone helping set things up, and he thought you could use the same ip on most things as long as the ports were all different.

He had a TS3 up and running, and when he starts the AA3 server, it shuts down the TS3 server.

Also he asked me to ask you if you had or know of a webtool for our members to use to start/restart the games servers once we have them installed. Similiar to your control panel server control.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, you should be able to run AA3 and TS3 on the same IP if they use different ports (and the should). TS3's ports can also be customized.

I believe FireDaemon has some website/remote tool functionality, but I'm not positive. There are also likely some free control panels out there, but I have not researched these recently.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

We have tried it again, and we can launch TS3 and join the server, and once we attempt to launch AA3, it shuts down the TS3 server.

We are almost positive that they share no ports.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It's strange that AA3 would shut down TS3 like that. Do either show any messages as to why? Does it happen the other way also?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

We are thinking that because AA3 runs it's own ingame TS3, it is conflicting with the standalone TS3. We are reading up on how to change the ports for the standalone TS3 to prevent the conflict.

Unless you have instructions on how, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That does make sense.

From another thread, it sounds like you got it now :)