Difficulties installing some games

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
colosseumservers
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Difficulties installing some games

Post by colosseumservers »

still no luck :S
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Did you also try with my original instructions? In what you quoted, you appear to be using a different folder ("c:\tf2") and specifying that same folder with the -dir option, which isn't correct.
colosseumservers
New to forums
New to forums

Post by colosseumservers »

Yes, I tried a while ago using the instructions you gave me. I guess theres no other option but to reinstall the OS
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Make sure your using the updatetool, and not the installation package of the updatetool. Both icons are identical, but the install pkg is about 600+ in size, and the actual tool is 1000+ in size. I think the numbers are in the ball park.

I had tried running updates to, not realizing that it was the install pkg in the same folder.

Also, if you run the .bat files, you can also add the last line as "pause".
If it's not there, the updater closes automatically, so you may not see the results.
Adding it leaves the screen open for you to read and you have to manually close it by pressing any key.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/