Minecraft Viewer Plugin Help?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Bloodykittens
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Minecraft Viewer Plugin Help?

Post by Bloodykittens »

Plugin: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/info-m ... 000.18438/

This plugin is used with Game tracker and of course Minecraft Viewer. It's just a server status banner. To see how many people are on the server, if the server is live and a few other stats.

I was wondering if anyone could provide any help on this problem.

Problem: Gametracker won't pick up our server. Its saying its either offline, the plugin isn't installed or the UDP 25565 port isn't forwarded.

- Port is open
- I disabled firewall just in case
- Plugin is installed and console says its enabled and working fine
- Port is running on 25565 for the plugin as well

I feel like i've done everything possible to get this working. Yet it still isn't working....Anyone have any suggestions? :(
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Minecraft Viewer Plugin Help?

Post by Edge100x »

I'm not a big fan of the fact that this is a closed-source, proprietary script that is written and meant for use by a competitor, but you can try to run it if you wish. I'm not familiar enough with it to know what might be causing your problem, but we don't have a firewall or other measure on our end that would stop it. You might try restarting your server completely to see if that helps.

We also have a status script that you can use on a site, but it doesn't generate a graphical banner: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =19&t=3733
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

I have installed it on our server with no problems other than it took a little time for gametracker to recognize the server.

We use v1.0c and not 1.0d though.

Make sure the minecraftviewer.jar is in your plugins folder, and when activated, you should see in your cmd panel a line like:

[MinecraftViewer] v1.0d Plugin Enabled
[MinecraftViewer] Query running on yourip:25565

Do you see this come up?
Also make sure your using query port 25565 on gametracker.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

I updated ours to 1.0d, and it starts up in the cmd panel for the server.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Bloodykittens
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Bloodykittens »

My phone usually notify's me of posts but its not working correctly. I didn't know anyone had replied back.

Minecraft Viewer is enabled and running on the specific port that I had selected on game tracker, I'll give it another shot soon.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Some plugins like this also need the IP to bind to set, and if it isn't then it will bind to an IP on the machine at random. Make sure that the IP is set to your server's IP if there is a way to set it.
TimeX
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

If you don't bind to any IP, it will automatically bind to all interfaces that are available, which is bad and there's probably something in the ToS about that (Even if it isn't on purpose)