Problem with Game Tracker scans!

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Theblade83
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Problem with Game Tracker scans!

Post by Theblade83 »

Hello,
I am running few managed vps with few cs1.6 servers on each. I just rented an unmanaged vps and installed a l4d2 server. I am experiencing an unsusual for me problem. Seem as when i start the server it shows online in Game Tracker for small amount of time and then starts showing dead/offline. Every time when i check GT it shows as my server is offline. So i go to check it on the box and the server is running fine with players on it. Also when it shows offline seems as GT takes like 20+ mins to scan again. Its like my server graph is very active with few players on server at all time and this is registered by GT server graph but the status remains offline/dead. I posted on GT forums and no response yet but it seems as it is server side issue. Any ideas?
p.s. I added "-verify_all" at the end of the update cmd line and still no luck! Also i googled it and saw similar problems with l4d2 servers but no solution.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Problem with Game Tracker scans!

Post by Edge100x »

It sounds like Gametracker has a bug there. This is something that they would need to fix for you.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Ours are working fine on our VDS.
GT always takes 10-20 mins to update.
It's something to do with their cache setup.
Slow as hell to update.

Same with the overall player stats.
It says updated hourly, but truly it can take 6-12 hours.

I think they lie about their times.

What's your ip?
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
Theblade83
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Theblade83 »

Game tracker Admins havent responded to my thried yet. Been few days already :(
It seems as when there is 0 players on the server and it goes in to hibernate it can not be scaned. If a player joins manualy by via console then it starts showing its online until players leave.

My ip is 64.94.238.165:27015

Thanks!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

With my experience with GT, this is sometimes common. A delay in updating is almost a guarantee mostly because there are so many bots scanning the server and millions of servers to be scanned on a daily basis. As for the server showing as being down I would say this is a little common but not as much. If the bot goes to scan your server and for some reason cannot, it moves on and flags it as down. The website updates the status and moves on. So if the bot is for some reason not being able to see your server as up or is missing your server on a routine basis I would think something on there end but it is tough to tell.

I would try turning the server off for several hours and then turning it back on. Only thing I can think of is that there is some type of flag that is thinking it is down.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!