Sercurty issue?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Granpa_jo
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Sercurty issue?

Post by Granpa_jo »

I'm trying to install a minecraft server for our dedi box, and I was wondering how we should go about doing it. Is there an FTP to the server box that I should use, or can I download the files directly? I tried using IE on the box to download it and IE keeps telling me that it cant download the file, which I assume is because of security.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Sercurty issue?

Post by kraze »

Hi,

If you would like you can set up an FTP server. I would suggest using File Zilla, however I do not think that is needed. The FTP server would come in handy if you are transferring lots of files or files you only have, but I do not see a problem getting them from the MC website.

What is the exact error message IE is giving you? In my experience IE is sometimes overkill, try using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

As far as security goes, we have some good guides located in our knowledge database;
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =46&t=4746
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Sercurty issue?

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

We have installed it remotely on our VDS downloading it with Chrome with no issues.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/