VDS Shuts Down (Crash?)

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
KraaZe
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

VDS Shuts Down (Crash?)

Post by KraaZe »

My VDS constantly shuts down after a certain amount of time, earlier today it was 30 mins, now it took 6 hours...

I've been told by support to post here, but I'm almost positive it's a hardware failure...

I run a minecraft server, Apache and MySQL server.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Re: VDS Shuts Down (Crash?)

Post by Vanderburg »

For something like this, you would want to submit a support request, so we can take a look at your actual account.
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Post by BrendanG »

I do apologize here, as I handled your request and was under the impression the apache and minecraft were crashing.

I will go back to your request and make sure we get it over to Edge100x. And once again my apologies for the misunderstanding.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

OOM (Out of Memory) events are the most common cause of VDS crashes. Since you're running a Minecraft server, I strongly suspect that you are allocating it too much RAM. Try dropping down the amount that you allocate to Java when executing the Minecraft jar by 500 MB or a GB, and see if the crashing stops.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

If you don't have it already, I would suggest installing the plugin PTweaks.

Our minecraft had constant java errors, mostly when the kids set off large explosions or created massive bulk formations. This plugin has eliminated all errors and these 2 events above now run smooth and quickly.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/