FEAR Server

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
soulseka
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

FEAR Server

Post by soulseka »

I am having issues getting a fear server to startup on my vds. I currently have a game panel that i just enter in the directory of the exe file to run the server and it starts but i cannot seem to get it going.

Here is my current startup parameters:
-userdirectory C:\Game installs\Fear Server\user +set net_ip 64.74.97.44 +set net_port 27888 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +set sv_pure 1

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: FEAR Server

Post by TimeX »

Are you seeing any errors in the log files? If so, what errors are you seeing?
TimeX
soulseka
A regular
A regular

Post by soulseka »

I did not know there was a log file what directory would it be in and what is it called.
squirrelof09
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by squirrelof09 »

Edit: I have misread the first post.

Is that a line out of a batch script? If that's so, it looks like the -userdirectory needs to be added the "C:\Game installs\Fear Server\user" somewhere.

I haven't run a fear server before either. But doesn't that need to be launching some kind of executable of some sort.

I am trying to download the fear server installer to try and help further
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You should run the FEAR server from the directory you installed it to and use "-userdirectory fearconfig -optionsfile serverOptions" as the command line; what you posted is not valid. In the "fearconfig" directory, you should have all of the applicable configuration files, including "ServerOptions.txt" in the "ServerOptions" folder.
soulseka
A regular
A regular

Post by soulseka »

Got it thank you for the help :)