Remote Desktop Won't Connect to my VDS

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
HankTank2243
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Remote Desktop Won't Connect to my VDS

Post by HankTank2243 »

I seem to be having sudden trouble connecting to my VDS through Remote Desktop. It has been running fine for a good month, but for the past hour or so, it refuses to let me in. It accepts my credidentials and connects to it, but it gets stuck on "Configuring Remote Session". I let it be for a good 30 minutes, and it was still on the step. Anyone have any clue as to why it will not let me in?

Thanks,
Hank
squirrelof09
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Remote Desktop Won't Connect to my VDS

Post by squirrelof09 »

I've had it bug out before on me too preventing me from being able to login. use the VNC in the NFO control panel to control your VDS, then launch services.msc and find the two remote desktop services and restart them. That was the fix for my problem.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I've also seen this happen sometimes when Windows was told to reboot but seems to hang partially into the process -- automatic Windows updates seem to regularly do it. A forced reboot through the "Server control" page should take care of this.
HankTank2243
New to forums
New to forums

Post by HankTank2243 »

Thanks Guys. I did both, so I don't know which one fixed it. Appreciate the Quick responses, I didn't quite expect to get a reply 2 minutes after I posted.