Full Dedicated Server Minecraft Help

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Vertis
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Full Dedicated Server Minecraft Help

Post by Vertis »

Hey Guys! I am thinking of purchasing a dedicated server for my minecraft community located at dhugaming.com I have owned a Nuclear Fallout game server along time ago and it worked out great. My question is I was thinking of getting the E3-1270 package for $229. Does the regular sata drive matter much or do I need to have a SSD? I'm thinking the I/O should be fine for up to 100 players? What do you think? Also I am very fluent in Linux so command lines don't scare me, that being said Linux or Windows? Most stable? I am also going to run MCmyAdmin since it's so easy to moniter via smartphone.

I currently have a 4gb VPS server but its getting slower and slower, and plus my community is growing pretty fast.

Thanks Guys!

Vertis
Owner of Diamond Hoarders
dhugaming.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Full Dedicated Server Minecraft Help

Post by Edge100x »

I would definitely recommend going for the SSD. It makes a pretty significant difference for larger servers.

Do you already have the SSD option for your VDS, and have you also thought about upgrading that? Our prices just dipped a bit on VDSes.