Anyone else running a zombie:reloaded server here?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Anyone else running a zombie:reloaded server here?

Post by soja »

I have been having multiple problems with lag/timeouts (see: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =74&t=7376) on my Zombie Escape server (55 slot CS:S)

I am on a fully dedicated managed linux machine with NFO, with their gentoo OS installed.

Recently, we tried adding some of the more popular maps to our server, that didn't lag before with this conig, but now are unplayable at times. (mako v5, sg1 missions, stargate v8)

I was also informed recently that our SURF server started doing this timeout lag, and it has been running perfectly for a month on NFO, and multiple months on our old host.

Does anyone else run these maps, on the NFO gentoo OS? How about different OS's but with the same zr/ze and maps?

Thanks, really trying to get to the bottom of this
Not a NFO employee
Mrkrabz
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Anyone else running a zombie:reloaded server here?

Post by Mrkrabz »

Do you receive timeouts all the time with these maps? Or was it just a one off time?

Something to check is your Bandwidth graphs in your control panel, if it's related to a network issue.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Anyone else running a zombie:reloaded server here?

Post by soja »

We experience them consistently on our main server.

However while testing we were able to make it go away sometimes, refer to the thread i linked for updated information.

I am going to run a battery of tests on:
Windows
Different gentoo install
Different linux distro

To see if i can replicate what is going on.

EDIT: Our surf server was repaired by adding -verify_all to our command line(had 9000 uptime, could of just needed a reboot too). This did not work on our ZE server.
Not a NFO employee