No support what so ever

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
beames
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

No support what so ever

Post by beames »

i just purchased a two core vps with two extra ips.

im trying to set up two or three dod servers.

can someone please help me.

nfo isnt offering any help at all.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: No support what so ever

Post by Edge100x »

We don't provide direct help for software on an unmanaged VDS (as stated on the order page and at http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =47&t=3810 and in other places). But, we do our best to help with software here in this forum.

If you're running Windows, the first thing you should do is read this guide: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =67&t=4021. Setting up a DoD server is near-identical to setting up a CS 1.6 server, and that game is included in our HL1 fileset. The only difference with this game is that you'd need "-game dod" on the command line instead of "-game cstrike".
beames
New to forums
New to forums

Post by beames »

well that would be ok if the files you installed would actually work, i click on scrds and nothing, let alone theres no hlds base or hlds.exe. could you guys maybe install there right stuff.

i didnt just blow $60 for this to be sitting doing nothing did i?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

beames wrote:i click on scrds and nothing, let alone theres no hlds base or hlds.exe.
If you selected "Source and Orangebox-based games", you will find a "c:\game installs\sourcebase" folder containing the appropriate files for those games. If you selected "HL1 (GoldSrc)-based games", you will find a "c:\game installs\hldsbase" folder containing the appropriate files for those games.

DoD (the one you said you wanted to run) is a HL1 (GoldSrc) game. DoD:Source is an Orangebox-based game.

Copying the files over to an unmanaged VDS for you is a courtesy service that we perform during installation. Post-installation, you will need to add any further files yourself, just as you'd need to configure any software on your home computer. It is very easy to download game files for Valve games, since Valve provides an easy tool for it.

If you don't have the time to research and explore how to run game servers on your VDS, I strongly recommend choosing a managed option instead. With a managed server, we provide the files and a full control panel, along with software support, game updates, and so on. We discuss the differences between unmanaged and managed configurations in depth here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =51&t=4559
squirrelof09
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by squirrelof09 »

If you're a new customer, you have free two days to try out your first purchase before being charged in full.
beames
New to forums
New to forums

Post by beames »

i would by a managed if i could afford it but i cant so i guess ill order a gameserver with a 12 slot i dunno.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I would definitely recommend buying a shared game server, they come with so much more and the price is about the same.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!