Delaying service starts

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Chernarus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Delaying service starts

Post by Chernarus »

Possible? I have two time sensitive services configured with Firedaemon that I need to delay by ~5 seconds so I can quickly run a bat file that contains "w32tm /resync" so I can bypass the VDS' time being synced to the nodes CST time( I run on PST :/).
Hoster of some random DayZ and ArmA2 server.. in the top 50 servers most of the time.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Delaying service starts

Post by Edge100x »

On the "Advanced" page for editing a service, Firedaemon allows you to set a pre-launch delay, or at least it did in older versions. It also should allow you to run a command pre-service.

Instead of running a command to change the time, though, you should consider using the "Server control" page for your VDS to shift its clock to the time zone you prefer.
Chernarus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chernarus »

Neat, never knew you could set time offset in the server control panel, thanks that solves my problem completely.
Hoster of some random DayZ and ArmA2 server.. in the top 50 servers most of the time.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Yep, I own and love FireDaemon, only tool I use to keep my servers running.

It is done in ms so you would want to set it to 5000.

I use it to restart some of my servers daily as well. VERY handy tool. If you use Fusion, its even cooler! 8)