Are you guys gonna get dayZ for manage vds?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Freakgood
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Are you guys gonna get dayZ for manage vds?

Post by Freakgood »

So my qestion is for John(the owner of Nfo) i supose seens your the boss so i kinda have to ask u about this xD ... also ihope that i post this at the right area xD

Anyway Qestion 1.. Are you guys gonna get DayZ for vds and dedicated servers ?

Qestion 2 if u do then what Vds will u recomend for that game/mod? i mean seens DayZ or arm2 is so cpu demanding it would be really good to know that u get the right vds.. and im thinking of getting 2 server with 30 slots on them... + 2 hl2dm servers....

Qestion 3.. sorry about asking it like this but if u plan to get it when will u be able to grab it from the order page/ manage vds install area?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Are you guys gonna get dayZ for manage vds?

Post by Edge100x »

Freakgood wrote:Anyway Qestion 1.. Are you guys gonna get DayZ for vds and dedicated servers ?
As an ArmA2:OA mod, you would likely be able to install it on our managed servers. The game's developers are not yet allowing us to offer it directly as an installed option.
Qestion 2 if u do then what Vds will u recomend for that game/mod? i mean seens DayZ or arm2 is so cpu demanding it would be really good to know that u get the right vds.. and im thinking of getting 2 server with 30 slots on them... + 2 hl2dm servers....
I would recommend a 2-3 core for an ArmA2 server, since it is an intensive game that spreads across multiple cores.
Qestion 3.. sorry about asking it like this but if u plan to get it when will u be able to grab it from the order page/ manage vds install area?
We do not know, since it's not up to us.
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

How do i install it on a vds i check around nfo forums and i have check even around the dayZ forums and found no help on how to install the dayZ on a unmanage vds..

Are you are sure that a 3 core vds can handle DayZ with 30 slots + 2 hl2dm server that has around 12 slots on them?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Installing it on an unmanaged VDS would be the same as installing it on an unmanaged dedicated server. This is their standard way to install. I do not know the installation steps specifically and I don't have a copy of the server files or a connection to the DayZ team, as they haven't responded to our inquiries.

We have had other customers run DayZ successfully on a VDS, such as the client who posted here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... f=3&t=7492
Chernarus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chernarus »

3 Core will handle DayZ fine, you need to get onto the DayZ admin IRC and ask for a whitelist/instance ID/Location ID and the files. I *could* pass the IRC info onto you since the DayZ devs have a habit of not responding to Emails.
Hoster of some random DayZ and ArmA2 server.. in the top 50 servers most of the time.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Chernarus, how open are they to running the game on a regular shared server, and potentially letting a GSP offer it directly?
Chernarus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chernarus »

There are a couple GSP's running DayZ servers, they seem pretty open, even more so because you're trusted and therefor not going to abuse the system by querying the MySQL DB outside of Hive.
Hoster of some random DayZ and ArmA2 server.. in the top 50 servers most of the time.
Chernarus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chernarus »

Basically the idea is you contact one of them over IRC and then get your IP's whitelisted, mass allocate location ID's and instance ID's.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Chernarus, could you email us the IRC information at support@nfoservers.com (or open a request with it)? We'd like to contact them and do what we can to get DayZ added as an offering.
Chernarus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chernarus »

done
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

Wow.. does this mean that u guys are gonna add it :O !! xD
HowIChrgeLazer
A regular
A regular

Post by HowIChrgeLazer »

Just to chime in here,

We've been running a VDS from NFOServers with DayZ on it since mid-may: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3258

They also changed up their support a little bit John. They opened up a support site here: http://support.dayzmod.com/

And I don't know what IRC channel Chernarus gave you, but just in case, they do have a passworded one dedicated to DayZ server admins. I can pass that onto you if you don't have it already.
[RAGE CAGE] Gaming
Because video games FAIL at making you happy.
http://ragecagegaming.com/
HowIChrgeLazer
A regular
A regular

Post by HowIChrgeLazer »

Sorry for the double (was going to edit my previous post)

I can also get you up to speed on everything you may need to know about DayZ server hosting. If you want to chat with me sometime, I'll be in #NFo-Support.
[RAGE CAGE] Gaming
Because video games FAIL at making you happy.
http://ragecagegaming.com/
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I will see if I can get ahold of them, so far I have sent several emails, contact form on their site and been in their passworded IRC channel.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

A question for those playing dayZ, our young guy has arma 2, and wants to play dayz, does he have to install anything for his game, or is this just something that's required for the game server?
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/