Are you guys gonna get dayZ for manage vds?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Are you guys gonna get dayZ for manage vds?

Post by IcEWoLF »

kraze wrote:The main thing is that DayZ requires the beta build of Arma OA. We do not have a system to allow customers to switch to the latest beta build.
Unless the system is managed, you can simply run the upgrade script in control panel to run the latest script.

Or John could create some type of script since you guys use an in house CP.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

IcEWoLF wrote:
kraze wrote:The main thing is that DayZ requires the beta build of Arma OA. We do not have a system to allow customers to switch to the latest beta build.
Unless the system is managed, you can simply run the upgrade script in control panel to run the latest script.

Or John could create some type of script since you guys use an in house CP.
Yes, it would require John creating a system for it. We would also probably go the route that MC did. Such as we keep several version in the control panel and users can switch between betas at any time.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

You could do that, but I think at this point a lot of GSP's are just waiting for the game to get to a better stable version which I think it's few months away.

It would be a real money maker, but it could become a pain for hosts to keep up with often beta releases.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

IcEWoLF wrote:You could do that, but I think at this point a lot of GSP's are just waiting for the game to get to a better stable version which I think it's few months away.

It would be a real money maker, but it could become a pain for hosts to keep up with often beta releases.
It definitely could be, we will just need to wait and see. Hopefully they can get it to a point where it is stable and does not require the latest beta build.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
CPx4
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by CPx4 »

We are very interested in DayZ as well (many asking for it), and we'd rather stick with NFO. Holding out from purchasing from other GSPs in hopes NFO will jump on-board.

Managed Dedicated here (for BF3 as well).

Any else have luck building ArmA 2, copying Beta (ArmA 2) files on top, then uploading the DayZ mod files? Thinking it *could* work, but don't want to waste time if someone here has already tried it.

Thanks!
- CPx4
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

CPx4 wrote:We are very interested in DayZ as well (many asking for it), and we'd rather stick with NFO. Holding out from purchasing from other GSPs in hopes NFO will jump on-board.

Any else have luck building ArmA 2, copying Beta (ArmA 2) files on top, then uploading the DayZ mod files? Thinking it *could* work, but don't want to waste time if someone here has already tried it.

Thanks!
- CPx4
I would be best if you consider a three core VDS, it would be about the same price as a regular DayZ from any other company. IMO the perks for doing DayZ on it are so much better then renting from another company.

I have been working very hard to see if we could bypass the system and let customers manually upload the DayZ files/beta to get DayZ running but so far it has not been looking good.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Freakgood
A regular
A regular

Post by Freakgood »

kraze wrote:
CPx4 wrote:We are very interested in DayZ as well (many asking for it), and we'd rather stick with NFO. Holding out from purchasing from other GSPs in hopes NFO will jump on-board.

Thanks!
- CPx4
I would be best if you consider a three core VDS, it would be about the same price as a regular DayZ from any other company. IMO the perks for doing DayZ on it are so much better then renting from another company.

I have been working very hard to see if we could bypass the system and let customers manually upload the DayZ files/beta to get DayZ running but so far it has not been looking good.
So a got a 3 core vds But it has 3 servers already do u think i need to update the vds or that i can have 3 server + 1 dayZ server??? Two servers are Half life 2 Death match.. with 1.. 8 slot and the other 1 14.. and the last server is a Zombie Panic source server with 12 slots?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

The highly depends on what CPU usage and ram usage is looking like. Are you seeing any lag in your other server or any desyncs in your DayZ server?
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

Just want to say we've been running DayZ US 1211 on our 4-core VDS (50 slots, we currently reduced it to 40 to see if it would stop hackers from coming in) and it truly is one of the best running dayz servers. Every other server out there that is offered by some reseller goes thru de-syncs every 2 minutes. I've seen our server de-sync once.

We have a 4 core because we also run our rcon tools and some small servers for testing as well.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

badbadrobot wrote:Just want to say we've been running DayZ US 1211 on our 4-core VDS (50 slots, we currently reduced it to 40 to see if it would stop hackers from coming in) and it truly is one of the best running dayz servers. Every other server out there that is offered by some reseller goes thru de-syncs every 2 minutes. I've seen our server de-sync once.

We have a 4 core because we also run our rcon tools and some small servers for testing as well.
What is CPU/ram usage looking like? I am kind of curious.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Our server is 13/25 so far and CPU=14 Memory=625000 roughly.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
spectrex
New to forums
New to forums

Post by spectrex »

Chernarus wrote:3 Core will handle DayZ fine, you need to get onto the DayZ admin IRC and ask for a whitelist/instance ID/Location ID and the files. I *could* pass the IRC info onto you since the DayZ devs have a habit of not responding to Emails.

Hey we have a 4 core box ... it's all setup and we have our ID's but for some reason we get the "This server is running an incorrect version of server side application" message". Only thing we can figure so far is the hive is not updating. Any help would be great.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Usually this occurs when you are not running the latest ArmaII beta.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Install DayZ Commander on the server and on your computer.
In Dayz Commander, in the top right corner, go to Version.
In there it will tell you what is out of date and allows you to update everything.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
spectrex
New to forums
New to forums

Post by spectrex »

hmm ... in dayz commander I searched for - US 1252 ... it didn't show up until I un-checked Hide Locked/Unofficial.