Virtual Audio Cable on Windows Server 2008 R2

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
VergilPrime
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Virtual Audio Cable on Windows Server 2008 R2

Post by VergilPrime »

I am attempting to place a "bot" in Teamspeak 3 by running a client on the server, and funneling audio into it from Winamp using Virtual Audio Cable.

I have installed Virtual Audio Cable correctly, the same way I did on my laptop.
Virtual Audio Cable shows up in "Device Manager" under Sound, Video and Gaming but does not appear in the Sound control panel under the Playback or Recording tabs. I also cannot select it as sound output from winamp or input for Teamspeak 3.

I need to know if there are any other steps I need to take to enable Audio on this server. I have enabled Audio in Services, and it is set to start automatically on startup. Any ideas?
squirrelof09
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Virtual Audio Cable on Windows Server 2008 R2

Post by squirrelof09 »

If you are using remote desktop it will cause virtual audio cable drivers not to work.

Try logging in from the VNC or use something else to control the server through physical machine, like logmein, or teamviewer.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

VergilPrime wrote:I am attempting to place a "bot" in Teamspeak 3 by running a client on the server, and funneling audio into it from Winamp using Virtual Audio Cable.

I have installed Virtual Audio Cable correctly, the same way I did on my laptop.
Virtual Audio Cable shows up in "Device Manager" under Sound, Video and Gaming but does not appear in the Sound control panel under the Playback or Recording tabs. I also cannot select it as sound output from winamp or input for Teamspeak 3.

I need to know if there are any other steps I need to take to enable Audio on this server. I have enabled Audio in Services, and it is set to start automatically on startup. Any ideas?

It has been a while since I worked with Winamp but it should be working. One thing I noticed when I did my test set up was that VAC did not work correctly or display correctly over remote desktop. This seems to be an issue with RDP and the developer has no interest in looking in to it or placing a workaround in VAC.

Try connecting over VNC console and seeing if you have any issues setting it up as a playback device.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Peep
A regular
A regular

Post by Peep »

Did this as well, VNC works fine but if you login to RDP it disables the sound device, and I have to go back into VNC to re-enable it again.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Peep wrote:Did this as well, VNC works fine but if you login to RDP it disables the sound device, and I have to go back into VNC to re-enable it again.

Yes that is the case, unfortunately there is no work around for this, you will need to use VNC console :/
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!