VDS - "Enable direct3d Acceleration"

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Nokternl
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

VDS - "Enable direct3d Acceleration"

Post by Nokternl »

Hi all,

I'm posting in the hope that someone else may have any ideas for me as to how to get around this issue.

I purchased the VDS as a media server, to receive, encode and then transmit in-game footage onwards. To do this I want to use an RTMP server to receive the incoming video/audio, which shouldn't be a problem. The issue I'm having is that XSplit, the program I am using to put everything together and encode the output to transmit, requires direct3d acceleration and won't run without it.

I understand that the VDS's don't have high end graphics cards (just on-board I guess) and therefore no direct3d, but I am wondering whether I am missing something simple I need to do, or whether there is no workaround for this problem and I'm fighting a battle I'm destined to lose.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Nokternl
squirrelof09
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: VDS - "Enable direct3d Acceleration"

Post by squirrelof09 »

I'm also wondering if there is a work around for this, too.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: VDS - "Enable direct3d Acceleration"

Post by Edge100x »

I do not know of a way to fake a 3D accelerator effectively in software without special application support.

3D acceleration is something that Microsoft was originally looking to support through Remote Desktop with Windows 2008 R2, but they held back on it.