VDS OVERLOAD

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
tonejo27cr
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

VDS OVERLOAD

Post by tonejo27cr »

HE RENTED MY VDS CORES AND 2 OF 2 GBS OF RAM FOR SERVERS TO HAVE 4 OF MW3 BUT MORE THAN 2 SERVERS FROM START TO GIVE MW3 LAG PROBLEMS.

CONTACT ME SUPPORT BUT They told me they could not do ANYTHING BECAUSE IT IS UNMANAGED FORM AND ARE NOT WATCHING THE PROBLEM
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: VDS OVERLOAD

Post by kraze »

Hi,

We tried to help you in the request but you are correct, with it being unmanaged we are extremely limited on our support.

From the sounds of it you are just overloading your VDS, five MW3 servers on a single core is pushing it. Have you tried turning off a few of your servers to see if the lag goes away?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
tonejo27cr
New to forums
New to forums

Post by tonejo27cr »

run a single server and consumes me wineserver more than 50% of cpu and 2 gbs of virtual memory
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I'm sorry, can you say that again?
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
tonejo27cr
New to forums
New to forums

Post by tonejo27cr »

I'm running a single server and this consumes me more than 50% of cpu and more than 2 gbs of virtual memory I am using linux
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

A single MW3 server is using that much, or combined your servers are using that much?
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The MW3 dedicated server does not support Linux. If you are trying to run it through some sort of Windows emulation layer (such as Wine), you will likely have very poor performance. You should install a version of Windows, instead, and run it directly.
Chernarus
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chernarus »

Edge100x wrote:The MW3 dedicated server does not support Linux. If you are trying to run it through some sort of Windows emulation layer (such as Wine), you will likely have very poor performance. You should install a version of Windows, instead, and run it directly.
Wine is not a emulator, it is a compatibility layer. Secondly, OP you need to speak clearly to the people trying to help you, using capslock all the time makes you look dumb.
Hoster of some random DayZ and ArmA2 server.. in the top 50 servers most of the time.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Chernarus wrote:Wine is not a emulator, it is a compatibility layer.
In a more general sense, it can be called an emulator.

Language is an interesting thing, always evolving and nuanced, with multiple definitions for most words.

Regardless of what you consider Wine, my original point stands.