Creating another drive

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Creating another drive

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Is it possible to create another drive?
Say using server manager/storage/disk management?

Reason I ask is that I want to run a dayz server and a lingor island server, but it requires to installs of ArmaII and OA. I was thinking that now that I have Dayz running, that I could create a new partion/disk, and install Steam on it and download the new files to then create a new server.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
squirrelof09
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Creating another drive

Post by squirrelof09 »

I think you can boot from the Gparted disk and resize partitions using that method.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

.=QUACK=.Major.Pain wrote:Is it possible to create another drive?
Say using server manager/storage/disk management?

Reason I ask is that I want to run a dayz server and a lingor island server, but it requires to installs of ArmaII and OA. I was thinking that now that I have Dayz running, that I could create a new partion/disk, and install Steam on it and download the new files to then create a new server.
Would it not be easier if you just start another server instance? Run one server instance for DayZ and one more for Lingor or whatever mod?

You can copy the the ArmA2:CO files (about 16GB) to another folder, and use the armaoaserver.exe from each folder for your server instances. With the -mod line you can define your mods and also your Battleye server folder (which should be different). The only other setting that needs to be adapted is the port as two ArmA2 server require unique ports.

That's how we run ACE and standard OA, from different folders on the same drive.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

I had tried this several times without success.
Should work, but all the install instructions I found are so bad, that it's difficult to follow.

That's what I am trying again.

Last week I had a sanctuary server running but couldn't join it.
This weekend, I tried again, and it wouldn't connect to the database.

Starting once again and hoping for the best.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/